Quantity Sync is a legacy feature and is not available to new Appeagle users or users who have never enabled Quantity Sync.
Other than maintenance, there will be no future improvements to Quantity Sync.
What is Quantity Sync?
Our inventory management add-on called Quantity Sync will keep your available quantities in sync across your listings based on the settings you specify. Keeping track of available quantities is crucial for any online seller. Once you begin selling the same products on more than one marketplace, it becomes increasingly difficult to keep your available quantities in sync. Appeagle will track each sale and update the quantities on your listings so that as soon as a sale occurs on one marketplace, Appeagle will immediately update the listings on your other marketplaces that share the same SKU.
How Does it Work?
Each SKU in Appeagle has an available quantity that can be easily updated at any time. When the available quantity changes, your listings are immediately updated. You can choose to allocate the bulk of your available quantity to a specific marketplace or distribute it evenly across all marketplaces. When available quantity goes to zero, your live listings will immediately be ended. When available quantity goes above zero, Appeagle can automatically relist your listings for you, saving you time and ensuring that listings with available quantity are always live.
- Quantity sync can be found when clicking the user icon and selecting "Add-On".
- This feature can be enabled/disabled anytime when accessing the "Add-On" page within your account.
- For an additional flat monthly cost, this add-on can be applied to any subscription.
- For MFN items only, FBA inventory is predetermined by Amazon.
Link Your SKUs Across Marketplaces
With Quantity Sync enabled, your SKUs can be linked in Appeagle to share available inventory. Once your listings are linked, a green chain-link icon will appear in your Available inventory column. Clicking on this icon will pull up a view of all listings that have been linked.
The SKUs set on the marketplace must be identical for each listing with Quantity Sync enabled.
- Once your listings are downloaded into your account, they will be linked automatically and can begin sharing inventory once Quantity Sync is enabled.
- If your listings do not link automatically, it means that they were initially downloaded into your account with separate SKUs.
- When you can confirm that the SKUs for each listing are identical in your seller account, simply delete the listings from your Appeagle account.
In order to stop already linked SKUs from sharing inventory, you will need to unlink them.
- Disable Quantity Sync
- Rename your SKUs on the marketplace to be distinct from each other. Delete the listing in Appeagle and it will download back in with the new SKU.
Important: Edits to your listing, such as min/max/manual prices, cost, MAPs, inventory, strategy assignments, and memos will not carry over from the deleted SKU to the new SKU. It is highly suggested to download an "All Available Fields" template prior to deleting any listings. This will make it easier to re-apply your settings by performing a quick upload.
If you would like to have two listings share inventory without having the same SKU name, you can create a group. Groups allow you to combine your listings so they share one universal amount of available inventory. You can give your group a custom name and specify an amount of available inventory. Sales for any listings assigned to a group will be deducted from the group quantity. All listings in a group will show up together in your listing view. Once a group is created, the corresponding column will appear on your listings page. Any Inventory Distribution Settings in place will continue to be used, with the group inventory as the starting point. It is important to understand that the group inventory will override any inventory set for the individual SKU.
To Create a Group on the Listings Page
New groups can be created two ways, by utilizing the actions menu within your listings view and through the use of Uploads
- Select the checkbox for each listing you are assigning to a group.
- Click the actions menu, scroll to assign group , then new group.
- You will then be prompted to enter a Group name and set an amount of available inventory.
- Click "Save" to apply your changes.
Note: Your newly created group will now appear in the assign group sub-menu. The listings you selected for your new group will all share the amount of available inventory that has been specified. If for any reason you need to edit your group name or quantity, you can do so by clicking on any group displayed in the listing row.
Your Group Inventory can be updated in bulk from the manage section of your account, select uploads from the side menu and choose the template for "Update Group Inventory".
Updating Your Quantities
When the Quantity Sync feature is enabled in Appeagle, all updates to your available quantities must occur in Appeagle, not on the marketplace. Setting the available quantity to zero on any item will end the listing. The available quantities will be updated for any listing using the same SKU. Inventory updates occur as soon as the available inventory changes in Appeagle and the new quantity will immediately be sent to the marketplace.
Updating Quantities Per Listing
You can enter the quantity for a single SKU on the Listings page when clicking on the edit listing pencil icon.
Updating Your Quantities in Bulk
Your quantities can be updated in bulk from the manage section of your account, select uploads from the side menu and choose the template for "Update Group Inventory".
Quantity Sync Settings
Your inventory distribution setting allows you to specify exactly how your quantities should be allocated across your listings. You can choose to send a percentage, set a fixed number, or add/subtract your total available inventory.
- Percentage: Allows you to specify what percentage of your available inventory should be sent to the marketplace. For example, if you have 10 in available inventory, setting your percentage to 50, will list 5 to the marketplace.
- Fixed Number : Allows you to list a fixed quantity regardless of your available amount. This can be helpful when listing items that you know will always be in stock.
- Subtract: Allows you to subtract from your available inventory. Your listing will be ended once it goes below the amount you've set.
- Add: Allows you to add to your available inventory. This will prevent the listing from being ended when the available inventory reaches 0.
Max to List
This field is useful for sellers who do not want to display the available inventory of their listings. Sellers can use the Max to List field to specify a number that should be used instead of the available inventory. This setting will only be used if your available amount is greater than the Max to List.
This feature allows your out-of-stock items to be relisted once available inventory has been updated. You must update your available inventory in order for an item to be relisted. The setting should remain disabled if you use an external tool to put up new listings when an item comes back into stock.
Using this feature allows sellers to keep GTC (Good 'Til Canceled) items intact, even when the quantity goes down to zero. This allows you to replenish stock for the same Item ID, without the need to relist the item with a new Item ID once it's back in stock.
eBay listings that have been out of stock for 90 days will be automatically ended by eBay. If an ended item has not been relisted in 90 days it will expire, after which, Appeagle is unable to relist your item. This is a setting that Appeagle supports which can be enabled within your eBay Seller Account.
Your handling time is the elapsed time between when the customer places an order on the marketplace and the order is handed over to the delivery service. It's important to know that Handling time can only be set in Appeagle when Quantity Sync is enabled. When Quantity Sync is not enabled the handling time should be set directly on the marketplace. Amazon requires a value for your handling time when making changes to your quantity. If your handling time is not set in Appeagle, we will set it to the Amazon (0-2) or account wide default.
To Set Handling Time on an Individual Listing
Editing the handling time one by one on a listing can be done on the Listings page when clicking on the edit listing pencil icon. Simply enter your handling time into the corresponding field. Click "Save" to apply your changes.
From the manage section of your account, select uploads from the side menu and choose the template for "MAP and Handling Time". This is the best method to use when setting the Handling Time for a large amount of listings at once in bulk.
- Important: Before enabling Quantity Sync, to ensure complete accuracy, please make certain that all available quantities for your listings are up to date to avoid any type of mismatches on your marketplace.
- Inventory Updates: You must update the available quantity for your listings in Appeagle, not in your seller account. Any updates made to inventory outside of Appeagle when Quantity Sync is enabled will be overridden.
- FBA Inventory: The inventory for FBA listings cannot be updated in Appeagle since FBA inventory is predetermined and is not included in the available inventory you set in Appeagle. Enabling Quantity Sync has no effect on your FBA inventory and Appeagle does not have the ability to end any FBA listings.
- Handling Time: Handling Time (Amazon specific) can only be set in Appeagle if this feature is enabled for your marketplace. Once enabled you must always set your handling time in Appeagle. Amazon requires us to send a value for handling time when making any changes to your available inventory. If your handling days are not set in Appeagle, we will set your handling days to the Amazon (0-2) or account-wide default.
- Pending Orders: Pending orders are always depleted from your available inventory and never restored automatically. You must manually replenish your available inventory in Appeagle to account for any pending orders that were not completed. Cancelled orders that were initially downloaded as completed will also be deducted from your available inventory amount. We do not receive notification that the order has been cancelled and will not increase your available amount to account for it.